Smooth transition to Intune with Academic Software
Moving from System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to Intune is well worth the effort for educational institutions, but it can be a challenging, time-consuming process. Academic Software can help you make the process smoother and faster.
Reasons to migrate from SCCM to Intune
Let’s begin by looking at some of the compelling reasons for educational institutions to migrate from SCCM to Intune:
- Better remote management: With Intune, educational institutions can manage their devices remotely, making it easier to maintain and update devices.
- Improved security: Intune integrates with the security features of Microsoft 365 A3 and A5, providing improved protection against cyber threats.
- Touch-free deployment: Intune's Autopilot feature allows for touch-free deployment of devices, streamlining the setup process and saving time.
- Simplified maintenance: With Intune, educational institutions can more easily apply updates and patches to devices, simplifying the maintenance process.
But there are some challenges too. One of the biggest hurdles in the transition to Intune is the time and effort it takes to recreate all of the software packages that are currently managed with SCCM. Some estimates suggest it can take half a day per software package.
Transitioning to Intune made easy: Academic Software's support and pre-packaged packages
- Academic Software can provide a library of over 600 pre-packaged Intune packages for educational institutions to use, saving them the time and effort of repackaging applications themselves. If it isn’t already on the list, we will add it!
- Academic Software can offer assistance with the transition process, including helping educational institutions plan their migration, set up Intune, migrate their devices and applications, and test and roll out the new system.
- After the transition to Intune is complete, Academic Software can continue to provide support to educational institutions, including monitoring and maintaining the new system, applying updates and patches, and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
With the help of Academic Software, educational institutions can make the transition to Intune smoothly. This means that IT professionals at educational institutions can focus on other important issues, such as security and special cases, rather than spending time creating generic software packages.